Monday, April 25, 2011

Man, every time I promise myself I'll really try to be good about blogging..... this happens. I turn on the comp and realize its been close to a month. So let's see, what's happened since then? I took third in a national-level wrestling tournament, which was cool. Not one of the big ones, with people who have a shot at the national team, but still. I know I don't have a future in wrestling, as a competitor anyways, beyond next year. Might as well enjoy it while I can. Other than that, I sold a short story for an anthology from a major publishing house (details to come when its officially announced). Its not the novel, but at least I've got a foot in the door. The important thing is to establish a professional relationship with these people and impress the hell out of them, enough so that they're interested in a long future together. One of the hardest things to figure out is how much I should push them. I'm a punk kid, just starting out in the writing world, which means that most people dismiss me automatically. I honestly believe I have talent, and know I have the dedication, but both of those are useless if nobody will let me show it. Ah well. The nice part about being 22 is that I can whine about this stuff without any real consequences....

No comments:

Post a Comment